Is simply that not everyone gets it.
Not everyone understands
- Why so much effort goes into one customer
- Why all of your work isn’t readily copied from customer to customer
- Why you don’t bill for those extra hours that took the project from cacophony to symphony
- Why your billing cycles are erratic
- Why the customer relationship is more important than the customer’s balance sheet
- Why growth isn’t a hockey stick but instead some gradual curve over a long period of time
- Why working from home, or a coop
But if you do isn’t that all that really matters?