Do you trust the code or your people?
When you trust the code
- you hope it doesn’t break when you ship.
- you know when it breaks, the customer logs a support case and you ask for logs.
- it ships when someone pushes it out the door.
When you trust the people
- you know if it does break, your team will be there to fix it.
- when the customer has an issue, the team will ask how they are using it and what the customer is trying to do before looking at the code
- the team ships the product when it’s ready to go.
Trusting Code is good, trusting people is better.