Here’s how Agile get’s a bad rap…
- We don’t have to plan.
- We don’t have to think about what we want to do.
- We don’t have to write anything down.
- We don’t have to look past the current sprint.
- We don’t have to be worried about what we deliver.
- We can change what we are doing and who is doing it every day.
- We don’t need to worry about what we deliver.
All wrong, all the time.
Agile isn’t a reason to avoid doing the hard work, it’s an idea, a concept, a framework to breakdown the hard work and make it simpler to deliver.
(In my own opinion)
It’s not about getting from A to B in a predictable, scalable manner.
I’m not an Agile Evangelist (far from it), but I do know, it’s not about exchanging delivery for being lazy and not doing the hard work to ship good quality software.