The results that we show people, they look nice, impressive and blow our minds.
But the work to get there, isn’t easy.
It most likely required any combination of the following;
- Repetitive action.
- Extensive Practice outside of what everyone else does.
- Fighting back the impostor and feeling like you aren’t good enough.
- Trying out new ideas that failed initially, everyone laughed at but now you have mastered.
- Doing your best work but knowing it could be better.
- Struggling with keeping things going at your lowest moments.
We never really master a skill, we get really good at it, but if you want to stay good at it, you need to keep working on it, learning from others and growing.
Maybe that’s why it’s called Mastering a Skill, because it’s never ends.
Want more? Check out my book Code Your Way Up – available as an eBook or Paperback on Amazon (CAN and US). I’m also the co-host of the Remotely Prepared podcast.