We still need Remote Leaders.
Leaders that lay the foundation and groundwork for what everyone in the team needs to do;
- Show up on time and prepared.
- Let people know in advance when you are away.
- Chart the path between schedules.
- Minimize distractions and maintain focus and priority.
- Engage in meaningful growth and dialogue through One-On-Ones and Team Development.
- Ensure your team is getting the training you need.
Being a remote leader is the hardest, if you can master that, being on-site is an in-person execution of what you are already doing. Fail to do that and you’re starting from the beginning when you get back to seeing anyone face to face.
And that is a long way back to start from.
Want more? Check out my book Code Your Way Up – available as an eBook or Paperback on Amazon (CAN and US). I’m also the co-host of the Remotely Prepared podcast.