If you aren’t using your own software you are missing out on everything great that you can learn from it.
- How do those features truly work?
- What happens when you use a function in a different way?
- How many clicks does it take to accomplish a task?
- What happens when something goes wrong?
- How do we handle errors on the client side?
- How long does it take to load?
- What do I think of when I see loading pages?
- Does it do what we intended it to do?
All these answers and more, you will find if dogfood your own software, because it’s at that point that you’ll be in the passenger’s seat, no access to logs, config files, databases, resets, etc at your disposal.
Just that beautiful app that you built.
Want more? Check out my book Code Your Way Up – available as an eBook or Paperback on Amazon (CAN and US). I’m also the co-host of the Remotely Prepared podcast.